Market dates for 2019, Wed and Sat 9-2 , June 22-Sept 7.
Chilmark Community Church Flea Market Wednesday’s & Saturday’s; June 22 – September 7
9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
Payment: Payment of $50 per 12’ x 30’ space, is due upon arrival at each flea, cash or check. Vendor vehicle only is parked in this space for the duration of each flea. Due to limited parking and Flea popularity only one car per application please. This will be strictly enforced.
Arrival: Vendors may arrive between 7:10 and 8:30 AM to set up. No Early birds, as the field is not managed until 7:10 a.m. Vendors who arrive past 8:45 AM will not be guaranteed a space. Vendors who arrive after 9:00 AM will not be allowed to enter the field. Once the field is in “motion”, no vehicle may enter or exit field, except in case of emergency.
Subletting: We do NOT allow vendors to sublet their space. Do not offer your space to another vendor in your absence. We will have a “first come, first serve” wait list for vendors who were unable to secure a space for the season.
Location: The Chilmark Flea Market is located at 142 North Rd, Chilmark.
This privately-owned field is located across from the old schoolhouse and gas pump, between Tabor House Rd, and Tea Lane. Please be respectful of the neighbors and the Landlord’s property.
Customer Parking: The on-site parking is for customers coming to the Flea, and we ask vendors, who invite their visitors, to limit their stay. By doing so this enables us to offer free parking for our customers. Once the lot is full, we will initiate the Lot Full policy and sign to indicate that NO more cars will be allowed into Flea.
Inclement Weather: We cancel for stormy weather and all-day rain.
WE DO NOT CANCEL FOR FOG, LIGHT MIST, OVERCAST OR CLOUDY SKIES.
Vendor Manager and Flea Committee will decide by 6:15 a.m. and notify vendors by 6:30 a.m. via email if the flea will be cancelled for the day. We will email vendors ONLY if we are cancelling.
If we are open and you are absent, we will expect payment. If stormy conditions move in before 12 noon NECESSITATING CLOSING, all participating vendors will receive a credit.
I have read, signed and will mail back both the Chilmark Flea Market Registration Application 2019 and Field Regulations. Vendors operating at the Chilmark Flea Market do so at their own risk.
FIELD REGULATIONS CHILMARK FLEA MARKET 2019 Sponsored by the CHILMARK COMMUNITY CHURCH UMC
9 Menemsha Crossroad, Chilmark, MA 02535
IF YOU MUST BE ABSENT PLEASE EMAIL: Chilmarkflea@gmail.com OR CALL 774-563-0016 AT LEAST 48 HOURS IN ADVANCE TO AVOID A NO SHOW FEE OF $50.
LESS THAN 48 HOURS NOTICE, VENDORS MUST PAY FOR THEIR SPACES, REGARDLESS.
1. Wares and behavior of all vendors and their guests must be deemed suitable and acceptable by the Chilmark Community Church UMC, the Chilmark Flea Market Committee and/or the Vendor Manager.
2. NO SMOKING IS ALLOWED on site. Please ask visitors to put out and carry out smoking materials.
3. Vendors may arrive between 7:15 and 8:30AM to set up. NO EARLIER PLEASE.
Display on tables or racks which you provide. Large furniture, rugs and artifacts may be placed on ground. No other items may be laid upon the ground. No items can be placed outside of the assigned 12 x 30 foot space. ALL TENTS MUST BE STAKED. Only ONE VENDOR vehicle will be allowed on flea field. Please do not leave any tables or other display materials on the field when you leave.
4. Food vendors must supply a trash can accessible to the public, and pick up and dispose of any refuse.
5. Vendors should NOT bring their pets to the Flea.
6. Vendors must have payment of $50 cash or check ready for space rental upon arrival at the site.
If you don’t have a current 2019 signed application/regulations form or your payment is not ready, pull off to the side so other vendors may check in. Make checks payable to CHILMARK CHURCH. If you will need a receipt, other than check, please let us know at the start of the season.
7. The public is invited between 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. All Vendors must remain on the field until 2:00 PM. If buyers are still on the field, you may stay as late as you wish.
8. Please pick up litter on or near your space before leaving. DO NOT put your trash, boxes, packaging, etc. in the PUBLIC trash can by the bathrooms. This is meant for the public use ONLY.