December 11, Rev. Arlene Bodge used the following to illustrate her sermon about the Light of God:
Light’s Characteristics are:
1. The nearer we are to the source, the brighter the light appears.
2. Light reveals: the brighter the light, the more revealing it is.
3. Light reflects more clearly from a clean surface.
4. Light reveals uncleanness but cannot itself be adulterated.
5. Light is nothing to the blind: they cannot see it or appreciate it.
6. A person walking with his face away from the light walks in his own shadow, hence in the darkness.
7. A person walking toward the light walks in the light.
8. Light cannot dwell with darkness nor darkness with light.
by C. F. Bundy